Reky Failure XP l2tp/ipsec client and vpdn

Hi

I have teleworkers that dial into our 837 vpdn server using the XP L2TP/IPSec client.

Using the version of IOS I have IPSEC seems to prefer to rekey from the vpdn server side. This causes problems with firewalls nat etc. The connections drops and needs to be re-establised.

The XP L2TP/IPSec client is hardwired to SA lifetime of 3600 secs (1 hr) so I can't increase that. I can't change IPSec SA lifetime on cisco end as IPSec SA lifetime will always negotiate to the lowest value between the 2 peers.

Is there anyway I can tell the vpdn server to leave rekey to the client (like rekey=no for open swan). If re-key initiates from the client I have no problems.

I can upgrade IOS is needed.

PS I have googled and cisco tech support until late into the night. Hope I haven't missed the obvious.

Mike

using

Windows XP sp2 L2TP/IPSec with NAT-T update and all latest updates. Cisco IOS Software, C837 Software (C837-K9O3SY6-M), Version 12.3(8)T3

Reply to
Mike
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.