rapid-pvst

Can anyone tell me why my cisco 3750 switch running rapid-pvst does a fast convergence, when I plug in a server? The covergence affects all devices on the switch to lose connection.

I thought that only the port that gets a connection should go to the spanning tree convergence..not all of the ports?

Any help would be great..

Reply to
d.reinhart
Loading thread data ...

Ok but do I also have to configure BPDU guard and Filter?

Reply to
d.reinhart

W artykule snipped-for-privacy@vedior.nl napisa³(a):

Put spanning-tree portfast on all interfaces you want to exclude from spanning-tree topology.

TP

Reply to
Tomasz Paszkowski

I experienced this once with a 3750 (as well as the replacement that Cisco sent). Turned out to be a software problem. Software image was c3750-i5-mz.121-19.EA1c.bin Cisco never acknowledged an issue with the release even though I reported it to them.

I'll be interested to hear what release you are using and if upgrading fixes it.

Jim

Reply to
Scooby

W artykule snipped-for-privacy@vedior.nl napisa³(a):

bpdufilter statment filters out all bpdu messages on interface. It should be only enabled on ports connected to single machine.

TP

Reply to
Tomasz Paszkowski

Thanks indeed we have -> c3750-i5-mz.121-19.EA1c.bin

I think that's the problem.

Reply to
d.reinhart

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.