Processor upgrade of a Cisco PIX 520.

This is an easy one. The above-mentioned pix currently has a PII 350Mhz processor installed in Slot 1 bus. Since the Cisco PIX 520 actually uses an Intel PC MLB, I expected the processor physical removal from the MLB to a piece of cake. Please note that I have done this more than

1000 times with a PC having worked previously in manufacturing for 4 years. However, the CPU+Fan (Cofan KA-350U) is so solidly seated on the Slot 1 bus that I need some ideas to go around this problem. I already pressed the clip of the fan on top of the aluminium heat sink to disengage the CPU from the fan and cpu combo, however, the same situation is there. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Benchmark.

Reply to
benchmark
Loading thread data ...

You can replace whole motherboard. I'm not sure about P3, P4 or AMD, but I was successful with P-II 450 MHz. Basically all you need is the Flash Card PCI Board. Try to install it in another PC and watch what will you get.

Good luck,

Mike

------ Cisco IP Phone Headset Adapters

formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Hi Mike, Thanks a lot for your suggesion. However, I have successfully removed the PII 350Hz processor and replaced it with a PIII 850Mhz processor on the Cisco PIX 520 MLB and it works beautifully.

Cheers,

Benchmark.

headsetadapter.com wrote:

Reply to
benchmark

Can you describe how you overcame the initial difficulty?

Reply to
Drake

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.