port flapping

I 've got a problem with Catalyst 2980G. Ports on it have been flapping. This problem concern only one switch in my network only one vlan. There are no errors on this ports, it seems like broadcast or unicast is flooding but I don't know how to fix it.

Reply to
sharqi
Loading thread data ...

Set a syslog server

formatting link
is widely used under windows) and have the switch send its logs to it. It will give you plenty of information and you'll be able to troubleshoot more easily.

Reply to
choowie

WHat kind of flapping? If the port is going down and up then I would chaeck that PC for virus/spyware. Each time we have a port doing this it is because of an infected PC that is scanning every IP in existence as fast as it can.

If it is MAC address flapping between two ports, you may have a multi-nic server that needs etherchannel support from the switch.

If macs are flappiing between cross-over/trunks you may have some kind of loop or repeated fail-over. DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)

Reply to
DigitalVinyl

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.