PIX 515 - Open all ports except a few

Hello. Is there a way I can open all ports to a particular IP except ports

25 and 110? I know the command "access-list outside_in permit ip any host 209.x.y.z" will open all ports. I would like to open all ports to this IP except for 25 and 110. Is this possible? Thanks.
Reply to
Corbin O'Reilly
Loading thread data ...

access-list outside_in deny tcp any host 209.x.y.z eq 25 access-list outside_in deny tcp any host 209.x.y.z eq 110 access-list outside_in permit ip any host 209.x.y.z

Reply to
Walter Roberson

So the deny lines have to go before permit line in the config?

Reply to
Corbin O'Reilly

Yes, ACL's are read from top to bottom....

Reply to
Artie Lange

Reply to
Corbin O'Reilly

this seems just to be true for tcp?

(but i didn't really understand the origin question)

is it possible to set it like: . order deny -> allow for host w.x.y.z - allow all - deny 25 - deny 10

like on many other firewalls?

Niels.

Reply to
Niels Dettenbach

Any device that lets you define rule sets to control whats permitted has a specified syntax for how you define it and coresponding semantics for how it operates.

Some are first match wins, some are last match wins, some might allow you to specify which way you prefer it.

Cisco tends to be in the first match wins category.

Reply to
Rod Dorman

Correct, that will block only tcp ports 25 and 110 and will permit everything else through (providing there is a corresponding address translation.) I did make an assumption in my answer: the original poster mentioned only ports "25" and "110" and did not specify whether they meant tcp or udp, but TCP 25 and TCP 110 are *much* more common than UDP 25 or UDP 110.

Not on a PIX or ASA or under IOS: access lists on those devices are always read top to bottom. (There are -some- aspects of the PIX for which the order is irrelevant; those are described in the documentation of the 'static' command.)

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.