Pix 506e w/5 static outside IPs - How to create a rule to allow ALL tcp/udp traffic from one outside IP to an internal IP (for an internal router/NAT with it's own subnet)

No need, just use the master configuration. The PIX will throw away the comments as it reads them.

Yes; see my other reply in this thread about how to do this nicely.

Unreliable. The PIX does not have a big telnet buffer; you would have to do small sections at a time.

Also, in the other posting I said that tftp files are read as if they were in "config terminal". That is not completely accurate. For example, if you had a comment that included a ? (question mark) and were to copy/paste that into a telnet session, the ? would trigger the PIX help system; when you tftp, that does not happen. And most commands in the tftp'd file have to be full commands, as it will not do command completion the way a telnet session would.

Reply to
Walter Roberson
Loading thread data ...

Hi Walter!

I'm just writing to thank you for your time to compose the reply to my question. I really appreciate this.

I'll probably need to create a separate folder to store your posts to comp.dcom.sys.cisco, the same thing that I had before for your posts to comp.sys.sgi.*.

Thanks again,

Sylvek

Reply to
sylvek

I must thank you too, Walter. I emailed this to myself for future reference. I will let you know when I attempt it.

I appreaciate it!

Ace

Reply to
Aceman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.