PIX 501 Version 6.2(2) not clearing local-host table automatically

Hi!

Is there a known bug with Cisco PIX 501 6.2(2) with the connection timeout? It seems, that my PIX keeps the connections in the local-host table, even when the connection does not exist any longer. I know, this PIX reaches license limit, but this should not prevent the local-host table from being cleared automatically? Yesterday I did show local-host, today (24 hour later) again, and show local-host still looks the same. No one is working there at the moment (weekend). I can do clear local-host manually, after a few seconds I see only one device with active connection. This is ok, this is the server which also works on weekend ;-)

This is the config for the timeouts: timeout xlate 0:05:00 timeout conn 1:00:00 half-closed 0:10:00 udp 0:02:00 rpc 0:10:00 h323

0:05:00 sip 0:30:00 sip_media 0:02:00 timeout uauth 0:05:00 absolute

Thanks. Christian

Reply to
christian maier
Loading thread data ...

It's been several years, but if I recall correctly, Yes, that is a known bug.

If you are the registered owner of the PIX, you are entitled to a free security update to somewhere around PIX 6.2(4) [I stopped paying attention to the 6.2 stream so I don't know exactly how far it got.]

If you are not the registered owner of the PIX (e.g., you bought it from eBay), then in most countries you would not be legally entitled to run the PIX software at all; however if you are in Germany as suggested by your email address (but your message ID suggests Austria instead, which I believe has different laws) then my understanding is that you would be entitled to run the software even if the equipment is used (only applies in a few countries!); I am not sure of the legal situation for the security updates in that situation; possibly you would [in those few countries] be entitled to run the security update if you could manage to get a copy of it, but I do not know if Cisco would be required to supply the copy as would be the case for registered owners.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.