PIX 501 - Port Redirection

Hi,

I just switched over to a Cisco PIX 501 firewall from a linksys router. Before, port forwarding was very simple for me. Now, I've spent 2 hours trying to figure this one out. I do not have experience with Cisco console commands, so please gear any responses toward the newbie.

I simply want to open up port 56317 so that my torrent downloader program works properly.

Please help. Thanks

Reply to
idelorey
Loading thread data ...

Log in to the console. Give the command 'enable'. Type in your enable password. At the # prompt, give the command

config t

At the configure prompts that come up, enter the following:

access-list out2in permit tcp any interface outside eq 56317 access-group out2in in interface outside static (inside,outside) tcp interface 56317 INTERNALIPHERE 56317 netmask

write mem exit

I'm presuming TCP here; I see from someone's FAQ page that BitTorrent does not use UDP. On the other hand, those same FAQ pages indicate a very different port range, so you may be using something different.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.