NM-HDA FXO ports offhook during reload

On a 3640 with IOS 12.4(16a) I've observed that when I initiate a reload all (or at least all I have connected) FXO ports on an NM-HDA go offhook and remain so until they are finally configured when IOS starts up again. Is this typical?

Dan Lanciani ddl@danlan.*com

Reply to
Dan Lanciani
Loading thread data ...

| On a 3640 with IOS 12.4(16a) I've observed that when I initiate a reload | all (or at least all I have connected) FXO ports on an NM-HDA go offhook | and remain so until they are finally configured when IOS starts up again. | Is this typical?

(following up to my own question)

This appears to be an intentional busyout feature, presumably to take trunks offline while the router is down. I can prevent it from having effect with the "busyout seize ignore" command on each voice-port, but of course that means that I can't busyout the port under other conditions either.

Reply to
Dan Lanciani

In article , ddl@danlan.*com (Dan Lanciani) writes: | In article , ddl@danlan.*com (Dan Lanciani) writes: | | | On a 3640 with IOS 12.4(16a) I've observed that when I initiate a reload | | all (or at least all I have connected) FXO ports on an NM-HDA go offhook | | and remain so until they are finally configured when IOS starts up again. | | Is this typical? | | (following up to my own question) | | This appears to be an intentional busyout feature, presumably to take trunks | offline while the router is down. I can prevent it from having effect with | the "busyout seize ignore" command on each voice-port, but of course that | means that I can't busyout the port under other conditions either.

Oops, I spoke too soon. For whatever reason this no longer works (or I was somehow fooled in the first place). Also, it looks like the FXO port is putting a ground on the line even though it is configured as loopstart (and normally works as such). This is really annoying since it basically kills my analog phone lines while the router is rebooting and if the router ever failed to come back up they would stay dead.

Reply to
Dan Lanciani

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.