mrtg and catalyst 3750 stack

i have just installed mrtg 2.15.1 to monitor vlan1 and one Fiber uplink port on my cisco catalyst 3750, 2 switch, stack. It was installed per instructions and i'm not getting it to gather any data(it displays the web pages but with no data gathered). I have enabled all snmp traps on the switch and the mrtg.cfg has created an entry for vlan1 and every port on the switch. Any more i need to look at here to gather data. Thanks

Reply to
mmark75
Loading thread data ...

I have experienced that MRTG does not show any data when you monitor VLAN. Try to monitor physical interface instead.

Sincerely,

Mike

------ PC Headset Adapters for a Cisco IP Phone

formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Yes - thanks. I am more interested in the interface stats than vlan1. It is coming up with no data for the interface as well. Should it start gathering data right after installation with nothing more than me specifiying a snmp community string on the switch. Thanks

Reply to
mmark75

What happens when you run the config file? Are there any errors? How often does MRTG poll the device? Are there any valves in the log files?

Can you post the cfg file?

Chris.

Reply to
chris

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.