Load balancing problem

Hi,

I've got a web server farm set up behind a pair of LDR 416's in failover mode. LocalDirector 416 Version 4.2.4

there are 2 web servers, hp proliant DL360 G5 with 2 NetXtreme II BCM5708 Gigabit Ethernet ports.

I've bonded the ports and created vlans for local director, database and NAS connections.

Access to the farm is available to internal and external users. external users use the default route on the servers which routes them back thru the firewall and internal users use a route to one of our core switches.

The problem (I think) I've got is that these routes seem to stop working if the servers are inactive for a while. Looking at the LDR I can see that a connection is being attempted but it it times out. If I connect to a server using one of the other vlans and then ping the core switch on the local director vlan everything starts working again, almost as if the route just woke up.

I'm fairly new to all this and to be honest I don't even know where to start looking, any pointers on where to look or things to try would be much appreciated.

thanks

Reply to
Nog
Loading thread data ...

Are the server mac addresses visable on the core switch during this time when everything stops working?

Reply to
jem12475

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.