list of isp realtime perfomance

Does anybody know where i can get real time performance of ISP performance?

I know one exists but cant find it anywhere?

thanks in advance

Reply to
ZooOYork
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
ZooOYork

networktrafficreport.com ?

(Some people use the phrase "weather report" instead of "traffic report")

Reply to
Walter Roberson
  1. What technology are you getting from the ISP (Frame Relay, MPLS, PPP, etc.)?
  2. What is a use for the service (Internet, dedicated circuit, voice circuit, etc)?
  3. What do you use the connection for (Internet browsing, Internet hosting, IP Telephony, etc.)
  4. .... etc.

There are hundreds variants of using an ISPs. And depending of your goal, some tools could be useful in one case, and useless in another. For example, if you use the Internet for just browsing, the performance may be affected by (a) Your carrier, (b) intermediate circuits, (c) destination carrier, and (d) end host. For TCP applications jitter or latency have minimum impact, while for VoIP may be crucial. Most applications just do a PING or TRACEROUTE to a host you pick, but you cannot really tell why it behave one way or another. You need to decide what is most critical for you (for example, for VoIP "round trip delay", jitter, latency, etc.) and look for tools, provided by the router manufacturer. In case of Cisco, you may spend some money, and implement a Cisco NAM (Network Analysis Module). Or get IP SLA collector, and configure it to monitor your VoIP peers. Or get a span session to a sniffer, which will analyze traffic in a real time. But if you use a service for an Internet hosting, then you may be more interested in a TCP performance, in application response time, etc. And getting back to a technologies, you use. If you suspect, it's a "last mile issue", monitor a router for a technology-specific parameters, like dropped packets, "slowdown packets", etc.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.