Exam sim vs realtime

In working on live equipment, one notices the effect of time passing, particularly with distance-vector protocols. Often a change will not produce a visible effect until timers have elapsed and packets have time to propagate from one router to another. Are the simulations used in the exams also driven by internal clocks, or are changes artificially accelerated? Are there likely to be cases where you have to spend real exam time waiting for things to time out before you reach a desired result state?

Anybody know for sure?

Reply to
Mike Dorn
Loading thread data ...

I took my BSCI exam today and none of the router sims required time to pass. It was the same for the BCMSN a couple of months ago.

It was a case of "Set router's A and B up to accomplish x". Execute the commands, 'copy run start' and you're done.

I doubt that you'd see anything like the situation you describe until the CCIE labs.

Reply to
R3M0V3zen57010

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.