Linksys RV082 strangeness

Apologies in advance if this isn't the right group, but it's as close as I could find.

I have two Linksys RV082s. One is in one office with a dynamically assigned IP via a cable modem. The other is in a second office and has a fixed IP assigned by that office's ISP. The routers work just fine.

BUT

On the setup page, I can enter all the appropriate information, WAN IP, gateway, net mask, DNS, and so on. I can do this for both WAN links and the information sticks. However, on the System Summary page (status) I see all the information *except* the WAN IP1 and 2 addresses. They just read

0.0.0.0. Both units do this, either set on dual WAN or DMZ. They still do it set on fixed or dynamic IP. Thinking I had something odd going on with the box, I reset one of them back to factory default - twice. I even flashed to a different copy of the same firmware. (it already had the latest) Normally, it isn't a big issue. Both boxes work like champs. But, with the one that has a dynamic addy, I have no idea what my public IP is. I'd have to visit a site like
formatting link
to see my own stinkin' address. It shouldn't be this way. I've contacted Linksys support twice. As soon as the first tech realized his canned answers weren't working, we mysteriously got disconnected. I contacted them again. This time, a different tech was more helpful, and suggested I spoof the MAC of the computer I was connecting with. (um, why?) I did that, and it didn't make the WAN IP show up. A that point the tech essentially said, it's broken, send it back. Reading the description on the system summary page, it says "It shows the current WAN1 IP address of the Router, as seen by external users on the internet and hyperlinks to the WAN connection type in the Setup page." The setup page looks just fine. So, I'm thinking that somehow, the hyperlink in *both* units is broken, or the display to the outside world is stealthed. (though for the life of me, I can't find any stealth settings) A traceroute from my house back to the place this box is works, so it's not really hidden. Now the odds that both are broken the same way are vanishingly small odds. It simply must be something I'm doing. Anyone seen this or simethign like it?

Dave

Reply to
Dave
Loading thread data ...

I can't help you directly at all, sorry. I don't own nor have I ever owned an RV082.

However, there are lots of people who do own them in the Linksys forum on the

formatting link
web site. I'm pretty sure you'd be able to find the guidance and advice you need over there.

Reply to
gray.wizard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.