KeepAlive on Ethernet Interfaces

I had a major issue on our LAN with 25 2950 switchs. After a Gbic change on our 6513, all giga trunk ports connected on this 6513 were err-disable at the same time due to keepalive issue. One hour after the second giga port on all affected 2950 were err-disable too. It was very strange because the second giga port was plugged on my secundary 6513. I never exactly understand what's happened.

I take a glance at Bug Tool Web site and there are 2 bugs referenced which could be the origin of my problem: CSCea46385 & CSCeg58877

I try to have a full explanation about keepalive on cisco website but it's really confused. If you can explain me exactly how it's working.

It is mentioned to disable keepalive on Fiber interfaces and uplink interfaces as 12.2SE releases, release not available for 2950. I use also GigaStack between 2950 switches. what is recommanded for? Is it possible to remove keepalive on all trunk interfaces (Copper, Fiber, Gigastack) between switches?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Yab
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.