IP translation - It's possible?

Not gonna happen, best you can hope for is to sign an account at a service such as dyndns.com and hope your router plays nice with the service.

formatting link

Reply to
Chad Mahoney
Loading thread data ...

I've got an ADSL connection with dynamic IP assignation and soho97 router. Is it possible to program the router in the way that if I call from a remote PC (so, not in LAN) the IP of the ADSL interface (which I of course have to know in advance), the router would translate all the packets towards an other public IP, and viceversa, so the PC from which it starts the request thinks everytime to speak with my router IP?

IP PC: 50.50.50.50 IP ADSL: 100.100.100.100 IP SERVER: 150.150.150.150

The PC talks with 100.100.100.100 but actually it receives packets from 150.150.150.150.

Thank you very much in advance.

Reply to
CiVoOnVi

Unless you advertise the network into the global internet tables (not likely if you have a dynamic IP address!) nobody will know how to route packets to your ethernet interface.

Dynamic DNS is what you need.

Reply to
Phillip Remaker

Of coarse it it possible - you can get to the moon, right (or perhaps not), but the easiest thing would be either to get a fixed IP or use "dynamic DNS" as other people has described.

Regards, Lars.

"CiVoOnVi" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Lars Bonnesen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.