Implementing redundancy on 2 FastEhernet Interfaces on 2800

Is there any way i can configure redundancy on 2 FE interfaces, meaning i have to internet links terminating to a 2800, i want one interface to be active and the other one to be passive, incase the active link goes down the passive link will take over. PLEASE HELP

Reply to
Satnam.Bhamra
Loading thread data ...

I believe there are multiple ways to do this.

You can set up a static route on your 2800 and the internet router to default all traffic to fe0/0 and a higher cost floating static route to send all traffic to fe0/1. (Or if you are using a routing protocol then you only need to make sure that the routes to the other interface are of higher cost)

Or load-balance - You can either use eigrp between your 2800 and your internet router and do load balancing across both (so even if one goes down the other will still be operational and you'll have 2x100mbps). Another way is to just use cisco express forwarding on both interfaces and the router will load balance across both.

Reply to
Seshadri.Kartik

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.