HSRP with DSL and T1

Hi, I have two sites connected through WWW(routerA below) and am trying to configure HSRP for redundancy at both sites by subscribing DSL(routerB).

My current layout: WWW | routerA(T1) | | Firewall | | LAN

PLAN for redundancy: WWW --------------| | | routerA(T1) routerB(DSL) | | | | Firewall -------------| | | LAN

I have a couple of questions. I'd appreciate your help.

1. Currently routerA uses public IP. Do I need another two valid public IPs(one for the additional DSL router and another for virtual IP in HSRP)?
  2. How does the incoming traffic work? Can incoming traffic come through either routers IP, virtual IP, or active IP?
  3. Is there a way to utilize both T1 and DSL without having to put one in inactive status most of the time?

I hope I provided enough information to clarify my question...:-).. Thanks, DW

Reply to
woongko
Loading thread data ...

HSRP is the wrong protocol for this situation. You probably need BGP, and you'll need to get your ISP's to play nice if these services are provided by different vendors. A simpler option (but probably more expensive) is to look at a solution like fatpipe

formatting link
Hope that helps,

Jim

Reply to
Scooby

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.