Howto hit an external ip with VPN

Hello

I have one question. How do i hit an external ip address through a VPN connection to my Cisco Pix 501.

The problem is, that i can only hit the external site from my PIX outside ip address .

thnx :)

/Jacob

Reply to
Boban
Loading thread data ...

In article , Boban wrote: :I have one question. How do i hit an external ip address through a VPN :connection to my Cisco Pix 501.

:The problem is, that i can only hit the external site from my PIX :outside ip address .

Sorry, I am not sure exactly what you want to do.

If you want to be able to connect to a PIX 501 through a VPN from outside, and have traffic on that VPN able to go out to the internet through the outside interface, then that is something that cannot be done on the PIX 501.

Several other PIX models make it -possible- in 6.2 or 6.3, but it is "work" to set up and requires multiple public IP addresses. You could do it in PIX 7.0, but 7.0 is supported only on the 515/515E, 525, and

535 for now.

You might perhaps mean something different, though: you might be asking how you can have a VPN connection in which the VPN user connects to a resource on the inside of the PIX 501, using the external IP address of the resource instead of the internal IP address. If that is what you are trying to do, then you either need to adjust the crypto map match address ACL and the nat 0 access-list ACL (both). If you are using vpn groups instead of crypto maps, you would need to change the nat 0 access-list ACL, and possibly adjust the "split-tunnel" ACL if you are using one.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Correct.. I want to use my laptop from the internet. Connect through a VPN connection to my PIX501 at home, and then use my tunnel on the VPN connection to go out on the internet through the PIX501 outside IP address. What i can see from your answer that i not possible. :(

Thank for you answer

Reply to
Boban

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.