How to use Over the Air QoS in WLC 2106

Hi all,

My company is using a WLC2106 with 4 APs directly connected to the port 4 - 8. With port one to management/data VLAN. Two SSIDs "Manager" and "Staff" using WPA + TKIP were created and both bridged to the management interface (assigned to port 1 untagged) of WLC. WLC port 1 is connected to C2950 FE port. Our network do not have any QoS.

I've changed the Maximum RF usage per AP to 10% in bronze and 10 for the queue length while keeping 100% and 50 for Max RF and queue length unchanged for silver profile in hope that Staff SSID will not use more than 10% of the RF channel (i.e. ~5Mbps) per AP

I tested the settings with four notebooks with staff:manager proportion 1:3 and 3:1 with only one AP on. However, none of which gives the expected result -- Staff share at most 10% (~5Mbps) of RF channel while manager share the remaining

It would be grateful if you could tell me if this can be achieved by solely Over the Air QoS of the WLC under our network? If not, how can be achieve this by modifying / adding additional gears.

Thanks.

Reply to
Alen Wong
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.