How to route multiple ports to one port (NAT/PAT)

Hello,

I have a NAT setup on my Cisco router to route any inbound traffic on SIP (VOIP) port 5060 to my voip server. During my business trip I realized that port 5060 is blocked by many ISPs. So, now I want to route another port (Say, 8000) to my voip server's 5060 port.

The trouble I have is as following: ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.15 5060 interface FastEthernet4 5060 ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.15 5060 interface FastEthernet4 6000

The second line is overwriting the first one. I believe PAT is the answer, but I do not know how to do it.

Any input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Ash

Reply to
velcroak
Loading thread data ...

They are not overriding each other, otherwise the router will not even let you put it in. What is happening though is that you need to setup your clients (phones) to talk to destination (whatever interface f4 is) and destination port 6000.

The router will then receive the incoming packet to 6000 and convert it to

192.168.0.15 5060.

CYA

Reply to
Yandy Ramirez

Hello Yandy,

I am positive that there is no listening going on at port 5060 on the external address. Yes, when I change the port to 6000, it works. So, the only conclusion I drew was that the second line is overwriting the prior statement.

Regards.

Ash

Reply to
velcroak

I think you should be using "ip nat outside" rather than "ip nat inside". This changes the port that you're defining from the inside port to the outside port.

Reply to
Barry Margolin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.