NAT/PAT cannot route from internal

I host a webserver on my internal network. I use a PAT configuration set up on my Cisco 851 Router. It port forwards HTTP traffic through the public interface to a webserver in my internal network. All HTTP connections from the Internet get NAT'd to the webserver work perfectly.

Problem: When I try to navigate to the web site from a workstation on the internal network (192.168.1.101) I get a page cannot be displayed error.

This seemed to work fine with my Linksys router previously but not Cisco.I think this is some NAT configuration issue.

I want connections from the internal network to behave the same way as users connectiing from the Internet? And yes, I understand that I can use DNS but that is not an option this case. I want the router to NAT connections the same way whether they are coming from the Internet or my internal network.

Is there a CLI command that can facilitate this? I know it used to work with my NetGear router.

Any assistance appreciated!

--Paul

Reply to
Pau
Loading thread data ...

my Cisco 851 Router. It port forwards

network. All HTTP connections from the

internal network (192.168.1.101) I get a page

think this is some NAT configuration issue.

connectiing from the

this case. I want the router to NAT

internal network.

my NetGear router.

In the PIX/ASA world you can use DNS doctoring.

formatting link

Reply to
Chad Mahoney

on my Cisco 851 Router. It port forwards

network. All HTTP connections from the

internal network (192.168.1.101) I get a page

think this is some NAT configuration issue.

connectiing from the

this case. I want the router to NAT

internal network.

my NetGear router.

Reply to
Pau

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.