[HIDE LAN] Hide a part of hosts into the LAN at VPN users?

as VPN server i use windows 2000 server. it works great, but unfortunately it shows all hosts in my LAN. i have different kinds of VPN users. some users should see only one host/server into the LAN. other users can see everything. have you idea how to solve this problem?

thanks in advance,

Paolo

Reply to
Paolo Bresi
Loading thread data ...

In article , Paolo Bresi wrote: :as VPN server i use windows 2000 server. it works great, but unfortunately :it shows all hosts in my LAN. i have different kinds of VPN users. some :users should see only one host/server into the LAN. other users can see :everything. :have you idea how to solve this problem?

Sorry, this is not a general newsgroup about firewalls, such as comp.security.firewalls -- this is a newsgroup for Cisco equipment, including [along with routers and switches] Cisco's VPN servers, Cisco's PIX firewall line, and Cisco's IOS IPSec implementations. Solutions to Windows 2000 as a firewall -server- are generally beyond the expertise of this newsgroup. You might get lucky and have someone here -happen- to know, but you might also not get a response for a few years...

If you were working with Cisco's security products, then there would be a couple of approaches you could use. One would be to use different vpn groups for each of the kinds of users; each vpn group has its own ACL assigned. Another approach within Cisco's products would be to use "downloadable ACLs" from a RADIUS server.

I have no informaiton as to whether Windows 2000 VPN server supports anything remotely close to the approaches you would take with Cisco.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.