Help for PIX 515E

I have to configure a Cisco PIX 515E with three interfaces. I will connect Interface 0 as inside interface,interface 1 as dmz interface and interface 2 as outside interface.Interface 0 will be connected to LAN, Interface 1 to Linux proxy server and Interface 2 to ADSL Broadband Internet connection. Also Lan and dmz segment will have the same IP Segment. It will be a much needed help if a sample configuration is available to me.

Reply to
findrajat1
Loading thread data ...

Older software versions didn't allow those choices; even now in the 6.3 documentation, officially it isn't allowed. The wording is somewhat obtuse, unfortunately.

In short, it is easier to use 0 for outside, 1 for inside, and 2 for dmz.

If you mean that the LAN and DMZ will use the same IP address range, then you cannot do that, unless perhaps through one of the new configuration possibilities in the 7.x software.

Start with the default configuration, use nameif to rename the third interface to whatever you want to call the DMZ, add "ip address" statements for each interface (making sure the ranges do not overlap). Add

nat (inside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 global (dmz) 1 interface nat (dmz) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 global (outside) 1 interface

After that you are ready to go unless your ADSL connection needs a slightly more advanced configuration for pppoe.

Anything beyond what I have just outlined would depend upon configuration requirements that you haven't mentioned in your posting.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.