FTP download doesn't work

Hi,

I try to download a new IOS from my ftp server. The upload of the old (running) IOS is working fine but the download of the new IOS doesn't work. I have no access-list active. The command that I use is

copy ftp://user:pwd@ftpserver//ciscoIOS/2600.bin flash:2600.bin

The file on the ftp server has 777 permission. As I said, if I upload the running IOS

copy flash:2600.bin ftp://user:pwd@ftpserver//ciscoIOS/2600.bin

it works and I see the image in the same directory where the new one is.

Thank you Reinhard

Reply to
rhille69
Loading thread data ...

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

What are the error message on the router and on the ftp server ? Have you tried tftp ?

Reply to
tibo

I think you typed too many slashes ("/"), it should be like ftp://user:pwd@ftpserv/ciscoIOS/2600.bin

Reply to
Napik

Napik schrieb:

Hello Napik, thank you for your answer and sorry for answering so late, I was ill. I don't agree even I'm not 100% sure but if you use just one slash than it is looking under the ftp root directory for a directory called ciscoIOS but this directory is under the root (/) directory - and why is it work the other way? Nevertheless I will give it a try.

Reinhard

Reply to
rhille69

Hi tibo, thank you fro your answer and also sorry for answering so late. That's the weird thing - I discovered (using snoop) that no ftp connection will be opened if I want to download the IOS but as I said bevor no problem if I upload the IOS. The router shows only

copy ftp://user:pwd@ftpserver//ciscoIOS/2600.bin flash:2600.bin...

and that's it. No entries in the log and also on the router no hint that an connection will be opened to a ftp-server.

I'm not a router expert but I believe that must be a bug in the IOS.

Thank you Reinhard

Reply to
rhille69

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.