Force Full Duplex and Speed 100 Question

We have a Netbackup Server that backups up all our servers. The servers communicate via various Cisco switches. We are getting poor throughput from one HP-UX server. We currently have all switch ports set to autonegotiate. I would like to try to force full duplex and

100MBits speed on the HP-UX server to see if that will improve the backup throughput. Would it be o.k. to do this on only the NIC on the HP-UX server and the switch port that it is connected to or do I need to do this on all servers and all the switch ports that connect to servers.

Thanks

Reply to
tman
Loading thread data ...

Just the one machine and switch port is all that is needed. I think it'd be next to impossible to negotiate among all my customers hanging off all my switch ports to have all the same settings.

You should be able to see problems on the switch port for duplex mismatch errors, like late collisions errors. CRC errors on output. etc. without having to switch force it first.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Reply to
Thrill5

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.