Wierd Problem with VPN from an 831 to a 3005

Hi,

I have a really odd problem that I cannot figure out. I have a Cisco 831 Router doing an IPSEC VPN connection into a 3005 Concentrator. This VPN tunnel ran fine for months, and then one day for no reason, it dropped. Looking at the live event log on the 3005, we found that Phase 1 was successful, but then it stopped and never did anything for Phase 2. There were no errors or anything, it just plain stopped after Phase 1.

As a workaround we terminated the tunnel on a different 3005 which immediately worked, the problem is that this 3005 is on a different ISP and it is much slower, so I need to convert them back, but all efforts to do so have failed with the same results.

Here is some additional information for any questions that might come up.

The problem 3005 has another active 831 VPN tunnel connected to it, and it is using the same ISP as the one that does not work. We upgraded the problem 3005 to the latest software, but that had no effect. The tunnel settings for the problem connection are identical on both 3005's.

Basically, I know the 3005 is ok because it works for another VPN coming from the same ISP. I know the 831 is ok because with the exact same configuration (other than peer addresses) it connects fine to another 3005 (also with a duplicate configuration). I also know that this tunnel worked fine for months when it suddenly went down for no reason.

Any ideas? I cannot figure this out for anything.

Thanks.

Reply to
N. Hall
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.