Equipment Recomendation

Hi

I am not too familiar with CISCO stuff, but here goes

I am looking for CISCO routers that can create secure tunnels on demand

I want a router /device that can be told from the corporate network create a tunnel to an another device / router, that is at a remote site.

The sites will be connected by ADSL. The tunnel must be shut down on demand.

There will not be a need for the remote site to start the connections

Can any one point me to a CISCO or other devices that can do this?

Thanks

Reply to
!!!rc
Loading thread data ...

I can think of several ways to handle this, distinguished mostly by the interface that would be used to signal the 'demand' and the shutdown notification. How were you envisioning that that part of it would be handled?

Does that imply that the remote sites will have dynamic IP addresses? If that is the case, then creating tunnels to them is harder: the current IP would have to be known in order to start the connection.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

I am not to sure about that yet, the ideal way would be to do it via some sort of a script, but if it is an appliance that option would not be available. I can formulate that once I know the choices I have

The IP at the other end would be fixed.

Reply to
rc

You may wish to investigate the Cisco Product Advisor:

formatting link
as well as the Cisco Solution Designer:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Jobs

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco CraigsList Jobs
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cisco is having "server problems" relating to their Product Advisor:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese Cisco Job Databases

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.