Does CISCO has virus scanning capabilities?

Hi I was looking for one of cisco products, and I went through ASA-5520 product. I read some lines talking about "protection against and/or block network viruses". So, this is marketing statement for me, and I'm not sure if this covers my need. I wanted to know specifically does this mean that any HTTP, FTP and Mail viruses?

I would appreciate any feedback.

Reply to
Joe
Loading thread data ...

In article , Joe wrote: :I was looking for one of cisco products, and I went through ASA-5520 :product. :I read some lines talking about "protection against and/or block :network viruses". :So, this is marketing statement for me, and I'm not sure if this covers :my need. :I wanted to know specifically does this mean that any HTTP, FTP and :Mail viruses?

Difficult to tell without looking into the reference material. It appears that there is something non-trivial there, but I'm not clear exactly what just yet.

formatting link
Looks like it requires that an AIM-SSM be present.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Certain versions of IOS can perform "deep" packet inspect using NBAR and PDLMs. L

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.