DMVPN?

Hi all,

I read that 877 can handle up to 20 VPN (I suppose among LAN-to-LAN and VPNclient) while 857 can up to 5. Are they hard limit (constrainted by licenses or something like that) or are they soft limit so they can handle more but performances will lower if there will be more? How to "overbook" the central router having a lot of spokes but limited slots on central router? Perhaps lowering the lifetime of the tunnel? So after no traffic it will go down quite quickly and free one slot

My problems is that a company want to share documents at its small headquarter and connections will come from 50 operators, using both VPNclient and LAN-to-LAN tunnels. The pipe at HQ will be

2Mbit-2MBit SHDSL while at the 50 spokes there will be ADSL lines. They will share mainly MS Office files (just to give an idea about the kind of traffic).

My question is: do you think a 4mit is good enough? Which class of router should be the best? Moreover the device should manage another ADSL line of the HQ for its traffic to Internet. Maybe a 1800 serie? Or must I go up to 2800 serie?

Many thanks,

Alex.

Reply to
AM
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.