Differences CAT5k SUP3 & SUP3g

Can anybody tell me the difference between a Catalyst 5000 series Sup 3 (WS-X5530) and the Sup 3g (WS-X5550). We normally use Sup 3, but we now have a Sup G which seems to be some what different. It requires a Cat5000 software image while the Sup 3 require Cat5500 software images. The upgrade procedure is also different.

From what I have found on the Internet the difference between the Catalyst 5000 and the Catalyst 5500 chassis is that the Cat5500 supports

3 1200 Mbit busses, while the Cat5000 only supports 1. However, if I do a 'sh traffic', I see bus A, B and C. Thats no suprise, because the chassis is a 5505 chassis.

So I am wondering if the Sup3g is better then the Sup3 not. :)

Reply to
Tozz
Loading thread data ...

I forget now, however I had a look and found a few things on CCO.

I would say that it was better.

Incorporates NFFC II Provision for mudular uplinks and on-board RSFC (router card).

IIRC there was a SE that looked as if it had a good model nuber that was in face a retrograde step. Not the IIIG by the looks of it though.

Hmmm maybe not all had uplink module?

Reply to
Bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.