Diferent VLANS but using same gateway

I have a Cisco C2960 switch with a lot of Vlans. One of the physical ports on this switch is a trunk port. This port is connected with a Cisco ASA5520.

All the VLANS a separate networks but they have the need of accessing the Internet. Is it possible to have ?virtual? gateways? I have read something about subinterfaces? Is that an option?

It is important that the VLANS are separated in the best way possible? (If possible)

Regards

Reply to
BUZZ
Loading thread data ...

Please avoid using characters with the high bit set. From experience, I can guess that \\223 and \\224 are "smart quotes", but I do not know what a \\205 (octal 205, decimal 133) character is.

The ASA5500 series runs software which is closely related to the PIX 7.0 software. I have not checked, but I think it fairly likely that you could create what the PIX would call a "logical interface". A logical interface is an 802.1Q VLAN overlayed on a physical interface. Each 802.1Q VLAN would have a seperate interface definition, including distinct translations and distinct access controls. You would need to check the ASA5520 documentation to determine how many such interfaces are allowed.

Ah, there it is:

formatting link
virtual interfaces for the 5520: 100 .

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.