CSS 11506 - Source address

I am trying to set up a HA service for a bunch of applications across a teired DMZ. We have an architecture that seems to work fine but it requires use of a large numbers of VIPS and use of the sorry server option to fail over. If we were able to use source address load balancing (ie switch traffic based on the source IP address) we could simplify our design and get rid of a lot of those VIPs. Is any one aware of a way to do this on a CSS 11506?

Reply to
jibbajibba
Loading thread data ...

Anyone able to help ?

Reply to
jibbajibba

I haven't used the CSS for 3 years now however it does have an option for sticking to servers / load balancing based on Source IP:-

formatting link
I hope this is what you were asking.

James

jibbajibba wrote:

Reply to
James

formatting link

Actually no not quite. I am not trying to do Sticky here I am hoping that I can determine which of 3 application servers gets hit based on which one of the 3 web servers the request comes from as opposed to tying each web server to a different VIP and then defining each vip as a different sequence of the three servers... if you see what i mean. Sticky will just direct me to a server once I have it it (from a round robin or similar) so long as i caome frotme h same IP address. I guess I could somehow hardcode the sticky table ... but that is a step or 2 down the line

Reply to
jibbajibba

Ah I see what you mean - no idea, sorry!

James

jibbajibba wrote:

formatting link
>

Reply to
James

formatting link
>

Doesn't that defeat the object of using a load balancer? If you want each web server to hit only one application server then why use a CSS? Maybe I'm missing something in what you are trying to achieve?

Chris.

Reply to
chris

formatting link
>

So, you're trying to stick based on a server the CSS has no knowledge of?

client---css---webserver---appserver

Reply to
seancheney

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.