Content Filtering revisited

Hi all, In one of my last posts we were discussing about different free content filtering solutions for a pix 506e. The two options were safesquid and dansguardian. I was just wondering if any one had managed to implement any of these.

Thanks

Alex

Reply to
Alex
Loading thread data ...

I have been using SafeSquid for ages. My preference of SafeSquid over Squid + DansGuardian is quite obvious -

1. Manage a single application
  2. A convenient, secure browser based GUI that I can access from anywhere in the network, and you do not have to be a Linux expert to operate the GUI.
  3. Very flexible, granular, 'Profiled' internet access
  4. Create access rules based on IPs, create usernames and passwords, use PAM to authenticate users from AD, DC, LDAP, POP3, MySql, UNIX
  5. A multitude of Static & Dynamic filters like URL Blacklist, DNS Blacklist, URL Filter, Mime Filter, virus scanning, real-time text analysis, real-time image analysis, real-time header analysis, real- time cookie analysis, etc.
  6. Neat documentation available on the website
  7. Fair support on the forum

Check out this article - "Using Profiles for granular Internet Access Policies" - to get an idea of how 'Profiles' work in SafeSquid.

formatting link
Also check out the 'Training Videos' under the documentation section
formatting link

Reply to
Sean

SafeSquid.http://www.safesquid.com/html/kb.php?mode=article&k=15>

section

formatting link
Sounds like the right way to go. Is there any tutorials on how to setup with a pix ? Will i have any problems with IPSEC vpn connections or HTTPS ?

Thanks

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.