connection plar

Dear VoIP experts,

Scenario: Small office, 8 phones. FXO port connected to a POTS line. The users wants two lines, say 401 and 402, to ring when the office number is called. Using connection plar is straight-forward for one extension...

voice-port 1/0/0 connection plar 421

but how can this be done for the second also? When I type "connection plar ?" i see the following... " WORD A string of digits including wild cards". Wildcards, that sounds promising! I searched for "connection plar" syntax on Cisco.com, google and usenet...closest thing I've seen is to enter "connection plar 40[12]", but this I found in a document on dial-peer syntax. The output is

Gateway(config-voiceport)#connection plar 40[12] Incorrect format for E.164 Number regular expression must be of the form ^((\\+)?([0-9,#*ABCD])+)$

Searched and searched for E.164 regular expression syntax, but came up empty handed.

Is this possible? Are there other commands that are more applicable (i.e. connection trunk) or am I way off base? Am I just a horrible searcher and the answer is really easy to find?

I'm using a cisco 3640 with a vic-2fxo card. IOS is 12.2(40), IP Plus. I'm using AsteriskNOW as a PBX.

Thanks! wayne

Reply to
Wayne
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.