connecting a cucme router via t-1 to main cucm server for internal calls

I am running Communications Manager 6.1 in my office in a single site deployment. I recently picked up another office that is connected via t-1 and running CUCME 4.3 and has a few sccp phones, calls go out the pots line. What would be the best way for me to route internal calls over t-1 wan connection? Can I configure an h323 gateway or mcgp gateway. The CUCME router is a 1760.

Thanks,

ajn

Reply to
ajn
Loading thread data ...

I googled the crap out of this and finally found the solution. My mistake was trying to create the h323 gateway between the cme router at my remote site and the main vgw router that is the vgw router and h323 gateway for my main site with the callmanager. And most forum stuff that floated in the google searches people were doing the same things, and no clear cut answer.

Hence I found this document, followed it to the letter with the exception I have a CUCM 6.01 server, and adjusted accordingly. I added the cme router to the device-gateway and setup the route plan for this gateway and I got instance joy.

Configuring h323 from cme to remote vgw would allow the main site to call the remote site and ring the cme phones and go off hook but it would keep ringing, call from the cme phones to the main site would get a busy signal.

Hence self-paced learning can be hard on individuals like myself.

Here is the document, and hope this helps someone else out.

Reply to
ajn

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.