configuring cisco 2620 for pppoe to DSL router

Hi,

I have a 2620 that currently routes my local network and connects to the outside world via ISDN. I'm replacing that with ADSL via an external router (D-Link DSL-502T) and the way that I've been recommended to set it up is to have the Cisco do PPPoE over one of the secondary ether ports on the NM-4E card in the router with the DSL router itself in bridge mode.

Does anyone know of some documentation on how to configure the Cisco for that setup?

Thanks if you can provide some pointers....

Craig.

Reply to
Kralizec Craig
Loading thread data ...

"Kralizec Craig" ha scritto nel messaggio news:f4543a$fgd$ snipped-for-privacy@yoda.apana.org.au...

Hi,

Something like this:

========================================================== interface no ip address pppoe enable pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1

interface ip address negotiated ip mtu 1492 encapsulation ppp dialer pool 1 dialer idle-timeout 0 dialer persistent ppp ============================================================

Regards, Gabriele

Reply to
Gabriele Beltrame

Thanks that's a good starting point. Much appreciated.

Craig.

Reply to
Kralizec Craig

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.