Cisco PIX VPN Question

Hi All

I have set up a VPN tunnel between my companies PIX 515(ver 6.33) and a Draytek 2900 router at my house. I've configured on the PIX the VPN peer IP Address of the Draytek. The problem is that this address is a dynmically assigned one from my ISP. and at any moment it could change which would thus make the tunnel invalid as the wrong Peer IP address would then be configured.

Is there any way of configuring the PIX that can get around this i.e set the dynamic address to something like dyndns & configure the PIX to the dns address which won't change.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Simon.

Reply to
Simon Watson
Loading thread data ...

In article , Simon Watson wrote: :I have set up a VPN tunnel between my companies PIX 515(ver 6.33) and a :Draytek 2900 router at my house. I've configured on the PIX the VPN : peer IP Address of the Draytek. The problem is that this address is a :dynmically assigned one from my ISP. and at any moment it could change :which would thus make the tunnel invalid as the wrong Peer :IP address would then be configured.

:Is there any way of configuring the PIX that can get around this i.e set :the dynamic address to something like dyndns & configure the PIX to the :dns address which won't change.

No.

:Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Set up a crypto dynamic map on the PIX and have the Draytek contact it. If necessary, set up something behind the Draytek to periodically attempt to connect something behind the PIX, so that the tunnel will get built automatically even if the Draytek side doesn't have anything to send (but the PIX side does.)

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.