Cisco IP NAT table & icmperr

Hello I'm using software 12.3T I have problem with IP NAT translation Sometimes i have in NAT table:

Router#sh ip nat translations | incl icmperr icmperr 213.180.100.200 10.10.1.84 --- --- icmperr 213.180.100.200 10.10.5.75 --- ---

and these IP don't work

What does it mean "icmperr" in Cisco NAT table? What can I do with it?

I don't find any information about "icmperr" in Cisco web site

thank you & best regards

Adam

Reply to
adam
Loading thread data ...

Adam,

Might be a bug..you might want to try upgrading/downgrading

FYI: 'icmperr' entry was introduced from 12.1(10.1). Prior to this version, if a NAT box with overload configured receives an ICMP error message, NAT tries to allocate an address (as opposed to address+port) and to create a simple entry. This means that if: - the box is configured with interface overload or

- all the addresses in the overloaded pool are used the route drops the ICMP error packet... Now: Instead of dropping the packet the route just picks any address (from the pool, or from the interface) and it creates a simple entry with a special value in the protocol field (proto=icmperr). This simple entry is used ONLY to translate ICMP errors coming from that particular Inside host. The entry times out in 1 minute. The timeout value cannot be changed from the CLI

from what i understand

Reply to
miwiley

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.