Cisco 851 Default Password?

Hi --

I have a Cisco 851 router. I am trying to install SDM on the router using the 10.10.10.1 IP address with what I believe is the default username and password of "cisco" / "cisco". However, this is not working. I can PING the device but I can not Telnet to it. Can someone advise me as to what the default username and password is? I have reset the device by holding down the reset button but still no luck.

Thanks

Rich

Reply to
richard.morey
Loading thread data ...

The default pre-configure username/password is cisco/cisco. If that isn't working, then either somebody already has configured the box with a different username/password (ie. the first step SDM has you do no matter what), or it isn't setup properly to use SDM (which I've seen a few times from the factory).

You'll have to console into it and configure it properly. The Windows SDM package comes with the templates needed for the configuration. Or there may be a version still around in flash: that you can conf from to make the box happy to what SDM expects it to be setup as.

Unfortunatly, that doesn't do anything other than reboot the box in Ciscos.

They still aren't all that user friendly for new users. SDM isn't the method that most users still use to configure a cisco, so its not the default, or the fallback in any case. The raw CLI are still those items.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

You can try password recovery:

formatting link
S.

Reply to
Steven

try cisco/password maybe work

Reply to
CK

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.