Hello, I asked already, made also suggested changes - no effect :( In short words: I have 1750 with public IP on one interface and private on the second. In the internal network I have also AIX machines (192.168.0.51, .52 ..). Goal is to have opportunity to telnet on router's public IP with specified port to reach AIX in internal network (port forwarding). Seems simple, but:
- from time to time I have reach all internal machines without any problem, but
- from time to time, randomly, connection is impossible; moreover, even if sh arp on cisco shows .51, .52.., it happen that ping from router (192.168.0.1) to one or more AIX machines (192.168.0.51, .52..) is not responding - but few minutes after it is possible again
- even if connection from external world is established, it happen that is suddenly terminated, and re-connection is impossible. As a 'rapid' solution, in case of urgent need, I am logging into cisco and do reload - after reload I am always able to reach AIXes; obviously sometimes for 3 minutes, sometimes during longer time. What I have done:
- checked cables, switch ports (cisco 1900), played with full/half duplex
- unify (proper word?) netmasks for all devices in internal network
- set timeouts All without result :( Config is:
--------------------------- cisco#sh run Building configuration...
Current configuration : 1906 bytes ! version 12.3 service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps log uptime no service password-encryption ! hostname cisco ! boot-start-marker boot-end-marker ! no logging buffered enable secret 5 $1$WrSd$rtdJ007MsUbHAM762laAE/ enable password manager358 ! username admin password 0 manager358 aaa new-model ! aaa user profile all aaa user profile admin ! aaa session-id common ip subnet-zero ! ! ! ip dhcp pool local network 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 domain-name home.me.upc.cz dns-server 18.104.22.168 default-router 192.168.0.1 ! ! no ip cef no scripting tcl init no scripting tcl encdir ! ! ! ! interface Ethernet0 mac-address 0014.3815.4170 ip address dhcp ip nat outside half-duplex ! interface FastEthernet0 description connected to EthernetLAN ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0 ip nat inside speed auto half-duplex ! interface Serial0 no ip address shutdown no cdp enable ! ip nat translation timeout 3600 ip nat translation tcp-timeout 3600 ip nat translation finrst-timeout 3600 ip nat translation dns-timeout 3600 ip nat translation icmp-timeout 3600 ip nat inside source list 1 interface Ethernet0 overload ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.55 23 interface Ethernet0 55 ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.251 80 interface Ethernet0 49 ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.51 23 interface Ethernet0 51 ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.52 23 interface Ethernet0 52 ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.50 22 interface Ethernet0 50 ip classless ip route 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 Ethernet0 ip route 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 FastEthernet0 ip http server ! ! no logging trap access-list 1 permit 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.255 snmp-server community public RO snmp-server enable traps tty ! control-plane ! ! line con 0 exec-timeout 0 0 password 20aos line aux 0 line vty 0 4 exec-timeout 0 0 password manager ! no scheduler allocate ! end
------------------------ Does anybody have any ideas what may be wrong?.. Ay help..