Cisco 1603 and scheduled connection

Hi to all... I want only to say if is possible to let the router dial only on specified times (the router is already sync with some ntp servers). Now i'm doing this with a timer that disable the power at the device, but isn't an elegant solution :-) Thanks!!!!

Reply to
Enrico
Loading thread data ...

In article , Enrico wrote: :I want only to say if is possible to let the router dial only on specified :times (the router is already sync with some ntp servers). :Now i'm doing this with a timer that disable the power at the device, but :isn't an elegant solution :-)

Define the "interesting traffic" (that triggers dialing) with a time-based access-list. That's available on the 1603 with IP Feature Set from 12.0(3)T, mainstream from 12.1(1).

Reply to
Walter Roberson

First of all, thanks for the attention! But i want to block also che request provided by the router.... The scenario is a isdn router with 2 IP webcam. The connection goes up only on working days in working hours (8 hour/day, from monday to friday). The precise time is provided from a ntp server (the router is configured as ntp client). But i want also to block the ntp requests from the router.

I can't use the dial-in because the modem that connect to the cisco

1603 is a gprs phone (the isdn interface does not recognize the gprs traffic). So the only way is a modem only connected in interesting time periods. Now the router is configured with a disconnect time VERY high, to leave the line always up; the ntp client tries very frequently to connect to the net for ntp requests. So, the access lists fork only for the internal traffic to the net, or work also for the traffis provided by the router?

Thanks!!!

"Walter Roberson" ha scritto nel messaggio news:dbckj3$cp8$ snipped-for-privacy@canopus.cc.umanitoba.ca...

Reply to
Masterx81

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.