Cisco 1200 Aironet

Hello,

for testing i want to change the mac address of wireless interface of my Cisco access point. I tried it with the following:

# configure terminal (config)# interface Dot11Radio 0 (config-if)# mac-address 1111.2222.3333 end exit

Now the mac is in changed in the config but via webinterface or trafficsniffer the "old" mac is still in use. if i save the config and reboot the access point it is the same :(

It feels like the accesspoint ignore the settings.

Can anyone help me?

thank a lot!!!

Reply to
Christian Mueller
Loading thread data ...

Christian Mueller schrieb:

AFAIK, better use a LAA starting with a even number. This one looks like a multicast address.

Don't need to reboot, shutdown and no shutdown is sufficant.

Reply to
Uli Link

In the webinterface (startpage/home) is a list with interfaces and the changed mac(LAA) is now shown but in the menuitem "security" you can see a list of SSID's of the accesspoint. In this list the mac-address isn't changed and so the original mac-address is broadcasted - not the new one :(

is there a trick to change it here too? i need for testing some configuartion szenarios a changed mac on the wireless interface.

Reply to
Christian Mueller

Christian Mueller schrieb:

Yes, have tried it now on a IOS-converted 1220B.

When I change the mac under interface Dot11Radio0

a sh interfaces still shows the bia for Dot11Radio0,

the laa appears under the Virtual Dot11 interface.

???

I'm still on 12.3-2.JA2 (and will stay there probably) without the multiple ESSID broadcast feature.

TAC?

Reply to
Uli Link

Hello Uli,

i use the c1200-k9w7-tar.123-4.JA.tar image. it's a pitty that the mac isn't changable :(

-- greets, chris

Reply to
Christian Mueller

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.