Change Boot Config file

Right now on my ASA the boot config is version 6.xx, I want to change it back to 5.xx how can I do this? I have loaded it onto the device but it still boots with version 6 even though I have deleted it off the device.

Reply to
rossk
Loading thread data ...

You can change the boot config with:

boot system disk0:/xxxxx

Doan

Reply to
Doan

Reply to
rossk

Have you switched to config mode before entering that command? Write conf t and press Enter. Then add the command boot system disk0:/asdm-523.bin

| I just tried boot system disk0:/asdm-523.bin and it doesnt like the | word boot. It says invalid input. Anything else to try? | | On Mar 17, 7:59 pm, Doan wrote: | > On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, rossk wrote: | > > Right now on my ASA the boot config is version 6.xx, I want to change | > > it back to 5.xx how can I do this?  I have loaded it onto the device | > > but it still boots with version 6 even though I have deleted it off | > > the device. | >

| > You can change the boot config with: | >

| > boot system disk0:/xxxxx | >

| > Doan

Reply to
Morph

The ASDM file will not boot the system.

use: boot system disk0:/asa721-k8.bin

Once you write that to memory perform a show boot command:

XXX-01# sh boot

BOOT variable = disk0:/asa722-k8.bin;disk0:/asa721-k8.bin Current BOOT variable = disk0:/asa722-k8.bin;disk0:/asa721-k8.bin CONFIG_FILE variable = Current CONFIG_FILE variable = XXX-01#

If you are talking about changing the ASDM file, verify the proper .bin file is located on the disk if there perform:

asdm image flash:asdm.bin

Once you do this and write memory and reload the new file system should load.

Reply to
Chad Mahoney

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.