CCNA LAB question

Hi Brad Reese,

Is the following good for studing for your CCNA?

2610, 2501, 2-1924 ,cables and books for 399.??

Thanks

Reply to
gene martinez
Loading thread data ...

Hi Gene,

You may wish to investigate the CCNA Home Lab web page of Chris Bryant, CCIE No. 12933 Routing & Switching:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco U.S. Government Jobs

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco State Government Jobs
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Thanks Brad,

I more question. Does getting you CCNA really help you land a job? I'm

50 and worked at an all Cisco site a few years ago. I didn't setup the network, but took care of it. Something like 20 buildings, 700+ old 300 switches then 2400 later 4000's. did the whole Y2K thing.. Started checking the network with a little program (ServersAlive) they (at the time) didn't monitor or really know what they had at the end closets (users). So will getting my CCNA help??

Thanks for all your help to me and all the others...

Reply to
gene martinez

The answer that floats around here goes roughly,

"Ideally, if you have the experience, then CCNA would not be necessary. However, CCNA is often listed as a job requirement, and even if it is marked as 'or equivilent experience', the people who do the first level pass through received resumes to cross-check that all the objective requirements are met, are not going to be able to judge whether your experience is subjectively good enough. If they have lots and lots of resumes to go through, then your non-CCNA resume is going to end up in the second-tier pile at best, not even looked at unless they find that -everyone- who applied who does have the CCNA paper is unsuitable. So the value of the CCNA is that it gets you that objective tickmark on the form that gets your resume into the hands of people who have a chance of fairly evaluating the value of your experience."

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Thanks for the great input......

Reply to
gene martinez

Gene asks,

Does getting you CCNA really help you land a job?

------------------------------------------------

Hi Gene,

Yes, absolutely.

Earning a CCNA gains you the ability to be "considered" for a position that requires "at least or a minimum" of a Cisco CCNA Certification.

It is your experience and knowledge that will "land" you the job.

Keep in mind please, that 80% of Cisco employers search resumes before they post a job.

And those employers want those resumes in "Word Format" so that they can do "keyword" searches in "resume databases."

Even with fantastic job databases:

formatting link
and

formatting link
and

formatting link
as well as

formatting link

--------------------------

Cisco employers:

formatting link
and State government employers:

formatting link
as well as U.S. Government employers:

formatting link

--------------------------

Employers will pay the highest salaries ( CCIE Voice jobs are starting at $160,000 to $200,00 ) for candidates with the "required" certifications, knowledge and experience:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Again

Thanks for all your help and information...

Reply to
gene martinez

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.