ASA 5505 initiating a tunnel?

For our clients who do not have VPN devices we program and ship a VPN device to them. We have been using Nortel Contivity 1010's, but are looking to migrate to Cisco ASA 5505's. The 1010's have a setting called "nailed up" that causes it to continuously try to build a tunnel. This works great for clients who have DSL or Cable with a single public IP address. Even though the 1010 is connected on the inside LAN, NAT/PAT with the public is not a problem b/c of the nailed up feature. Does the ASA have something similar? I tried usuaing NAT-T but that didn't seem to help. There are probably changes I could make on the DSL or Cable routers that would make this work, but we don't want to have to change the client's enviroment in any way.

Reply to
neicymath
Loading thread data ...

For our clients who do not have VPN devices we program and ship a VPN device to them. We have been using Nortel Contivity 1010's, but are looking to migrate to Cisco ASA 5505's. The 1010's have a setting called "nailed up" that causes it to continuously try to build a tunnel. This works great for clients who have DSL or Cable with a single public IP address. Even though the 1010 is connected on the inside LAN, NAT/PAT with the public is not a problem b/c of the nailed up feature. Does the ASA have something similar? I tried usuaing NAT-T but that didn't seem to help. There are probably changes I could make on the DSL or Cable routers that would make this work, but we don't want to have to change the client's enviroment in any way.

Reply to
neicymath

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.