ADSL, LANx redundancy

Hi there,

Currently, we have single 2651 router with a 100Mbps LANx connection, and an ADSL connection running on an ATM card to the same provider.

We use EIGRP with the upstream to provide live redundancy. The ADSL link is dormant until the LANx goes down. It is disabled again when LANx comes back up.

This all works fantastic with everything compacted into a single router.

Now we need to change our setup. We need to deploy a second router, with one carrying the ADSL, and the other the LANx.

Now, at this time, our upstream advertises our allocated block of IP's for us, but we are in the process of taking over this function ourselves and advertising them from our end via BGP.

My limited knowledge of BGP is what I think the problem is. In the following diagram, I show the setup I want to achieve. What I don't know how to do as far as config goes is to route all traffic from the LANx Router out through the ADSL router to our upstream.

I'm sure I have to use route-maps in conjunction with BGP, but I have no idea where to start (what config settings should be on what router).

If someone could give any help, that would be great.

And if it's relevant, we have our own ASN, a /21 v4 and a /32 v6 (which the v6 is not currently an issue).

I hope I have described things well enough to understand.

Here is the diagram (99.7K):

formatting link
Thanks!

Steve

Reply to
eagle.ca
Loading thread data ...

where is your LAN?

you need to search in BGP for local-preference for the outgoing traffic and you must agree with the ISP on the method to use for the incoming traffic. Maybe the ISP supports eg. communities to differentiate between primary and backup link.

--john

Reply to
John

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.