ACL Help - Two Interfaces and NAT

I have a network that is becoming more complicated than I am used to.

It is a remote office that has asked me to provide wireless internet access for their guests. I initially told them no way, they'd have to get a second T1. But I finally compromised on a second ethernet WIC in their 1700 router running FW IOS.

The two segments worked fine. 192.168.1.0/24 is the office network, and

10.1.1.0/24 is the guest network.

The public segment is using NAT/overload on the serial interface.

Now they are asking that a vendor be allowed to put some device on their network. A web server than rusn some sort of weather monitoring station or something. I told them I would put it on the 10.1.1.0 network. But it require a public IP so the weather company can connect to it via port 80.

So I added a static nat mapping: ip nat inside source static 10.1.1.5

212.74.17.71. This seems to work as long as I don't use my ACL. The weather company was able to connect and configure the device.

But when I apply my ACL, the weather station become unavailable. When the weather company tries to ping it, they get host unreachable.

If I take the ACL off, I can ping the weather station all day long.

When I put the ACL back on, I get destination host unreachable.

I'm thinking this has something to do with the address translation, but I'm not sure what it is.

10 permit tcp any any established --- WORKS !!! 20 permit icmp any host 212.74.17.70 echo-reply --- WORKS!!! 30 permit icmp any host 212.74.17.71 echo-reply --- DOESN'T WORK!!!

212.74.17.70 is the ip of S0 interface

212.74.17.71 is the ip of the weather station computer

Thank you

Reply to
mike
Loading thread data ...

Under the outside interface have you will need to add the IP Inspect command. Normally the router creates a list called DEFAULT100. If it has then try:-

int s0 ip inspect default 100 in

If this doesn't work then I will need to see the full config to help you any further.

James

mike wrote:

Reply to
James

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.