506e 2 interface

I have a pix 506e with 2 interface, is there a way to setup interface1 with wan and interface 2 with lan 1 for servers and lan 2 with workstation / corp server.

I guess the on way to get this done with a vlan but my pix only supports 2 interfaces. Anyone have ideals?

Reply to
larsk
Loading thread data ...

You need pixos 6.3(4) or 6.3(5) and a switch with vlan-facility. Then you can create vlans with different securitylevels on the lan-side. bye christoph

Reply to
Christoph Hanle

If you need access controls between "lan 1" and "lan 2", then you would need to use VLANs on the 506E.

If you do not need access controls between the two lans, and you do not need to be able to have the PIX act as the router between the two lans, and do not need to have the PIX act as the DHCP server for the two lans seperately (two distinct IP ranges), then you can do it.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Well my pix only have license for 2 interface so I could not do a VLAN, but what i did do was a static from tcp 80 xxx.xxx.xxx.23 to

192.168.1.2 80. that worked perfect for anything that was external of my name. but any thing that is internal with my name i haveing issuess getting to it.

ex. if im internal and my workstation ip is 192.168.1.100 and it try to do to a website that is in my domain like

formatting link
it resolve to my public ip xxx.xxx.xxx.23 but the page number display.

Is there something i need to enable on my pix? or do i need to setup a second dns server just for my internal boxes?

Reply to
larsk

Can you upgrade to PIX 6.3?

If your current DNS server is external, add the 'dns' keyword to the end of your 'static' command.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.