Layer 3 switch model?

Hi, I'm a college student & my final year project is to upgrade & reconfigure my college network... The college has 700 PC's. It's an adhoc network. I have recommended VLANS. In all there will be 7 VLANS. I want to know which model of Layer 3 switches I should recommend to the college. It shouldn't be very costly. Please give me your suggestions/ recommendations.

Reply to
alvaresangela
Loading thread data ...

well depending on what your distribution connectivity will be, On the cheap with no redundancy I would use a 3560 with ip base for your layer

3, 3560G-24TS or 48TS if needed for example. of course this depends on if your going to run gig to your distribution or not.

Also you may want to take into account what kind of server infrastructure you want to have and how robust you want the core to be.

No idea what your budget is but 3750's in the core + 2960's on edge with gig uplinks is generally a solid solution. you can get away with 3560's though.

Without more details for example, how many servers, how many closets, what k> Hi,

Reply to
ewhost

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.